I’m blogging from Minnesota today, a week into the Junkyard Planet book tour. Below, an image from the standing-room-only reading and Q&A we had at the fantastic Common Good Books in St Paul on Friday night.
Tuesday was release day for Junkyard Planet, and I had a very fortunate and bustling schedule of print and radio appearances highlighted by:
- An interview with NPR’s Terry Gross on Fresh Air.
- A fun interview with Abe Sauer at the Awl (and if you don’t know the Awl, you should).
- An on-air interview with WNYC’s Leonard Lopate.
- An interview with The Atlantic Cities on how China became the world’s Junkyard Capital.
- A fun on-air interview with my friend Tom Weber at Minnesota Public Radio’s Daily Circuit show.
Thanks to these appearances, and the support of many friends, Junkyard Planet went as high as #117 on Amazon’s bestseller list this week! Thanks to everyone for making that happen – and especially all my longtime readers here at Shanghai Scrap. It means the world to me.